Work closely with the management team as an extension of our client’s global trade compliance organization to ensure the legal compliance of various global trade activities per our client’s established policies and procedures, while adhering to Vigilant’s core values.
Vigilant Core Values
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Accountable/Takes Pride In Work (Reliable/Get “R” Done)
- Understands the value of reputation
- Interested in continuous improvement
- Passionate/Can-do attitude
- Does the right thing – (Help First, Goes the extra mile)
Other Representative Job Duties may include:
- Identify and classify with accurate Export (ECCN) classifications for the client’s products.
- Identify and classify with accurate Import (HTS, HS) classifications on client’s products, providing the respective PGA, FTA, and Duty information as required by the client.
- Processing of daily export and import operational transactions, per the client’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring queues and disposition thereof in a timely manner ensuring that all items are worked through to completion or escalated as necessary.
- Ensure work product is at the highest level of accuracy and timeliness
- May perform due diligent checks and clearances on blocked orders and parties while monitoring blocked order queues in the client’s global trade system.
- May work with client’s customs broker to assist in import clearance issues, perform post-entry amendments, and fulfill PGA licensing requirements per the client’s policies and procedures.
- Review/Audit import and export transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with the various regulations.
- Responsible for working with Scientists and Engineers to ensure products are classified properly, if necessary.
- Responsible for executing Export and Import controls as directed by the Client’s Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Responsible for immediately reporting any account technical issue(s) (i.e. enterprise software, proprietary screening software).
- Responsible for monitoring client and Vigilant emails.
- Timely escalation of any client issues that you are unable to resolve.
- Execution of any additional requirements per client’s processes and policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must continue to study relevant federal regulations and to continue learning in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
- Encryption Classification experience is required.
- Must have High-Tech/Telecom experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business or related field.
- Professional Experience: Minimum 1 to 3 years experience in a global trade compliance environment.
- Proficient in U.S. ECCN and U.S. HTS Classification, with experience in International Classifications as well.
- Proficient with import and export trade compliance processes, policies, and controls.
- Knowledge of global trade automation solutions (Oracle GTM, Amber Road, Etc…)
- Attention to detail skills required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to perform the day-to-day account activities independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clients, coworkers and senior leadership.
- Ability to work effectively with teams of staff from Vigilant, partners, and clients.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, IT, Import and Export personnel, Operations and Legal executives to achieve business objectives.
- Professional Certificates, Licenses, and Training a plus.