Job Title: Global Trade Analyst
Primary Location: Personal Residence
Reports To: Account Manager
Employment Type: Hourly, Bonus Eligible
Shifts: 5pm- 1:30am, EST (Sunday through Thursday)
Work closely with the Account Manager and team as an extension of our client’s trade compliance organization to ensure the legal compliance of all international transactions per our clients established policies and procedures.
Vigilant Core Values
- Accountable/Takes Pride in Work (Reliable/Get “R” Done)
- Understands the value of reputation
- Interested in continuous improvement
- Passionate/Can-do attitude
- Does the right thing – (Help First, Goes the extra mile)
Functional Requirements and Specific Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and disposition of Restricted/Denied Parties on blocked orders in a timely manner in SAP GTS.
- Responsible for research and determining export licenses requirements on orders in SAP GTS
- Responsible for the timely escalation of any client issues that you are unable to resolve.
- Responsible for executing daily work per client’s processes and policies.
- Responsible for properly “closing out” your shift and clearly communicating the handoff of incomplete items or issues.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any account access problems.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any account technical issue(s) (i.e. enterprise software, proprietary screening software).
- Attend (on time) and prepare (when necessary) for client and Vigilant meetings.
- Responsible to accept calls and other communications while working on a shift.
- Responsible to report fluctuations in order volumes.
- Responsible for organizing and prioritizing work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Responsible to continually learn in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
- Must adhere to Vigilant Employee Handbook and Vigilant Company policies and procedures.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Experience and knowledge of SAP GTS, RPL Screening and Export License Determination is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is a plus.
- Professional Experience: 0 - 3 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
- Understanding of Global Trade Compliance, Logistics and/or Freight Forwarding is a plus
- Attention to detail skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, (In particular Excel)
- Excellent research skills (Internet navigation)
- Must communicate professionally, clearly, concisely and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with teams of staff from Vigilant, partners and clients.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, IT, Import and Export personnel, Operations and Legal executives to achieve business objectives.