Job Title: Deal Risk Operations Specialist - Spanish/Portuguese Fluent
Primary Location: Remote Personal Residency
Reports To: Account Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time Hourly
Work closely with the Account Manager and account team as an extension of our client’s trade compliance organization to ensure the legal compliance of all international transactions per our clients established policies and procedures. This is a highly repetitive work.
Vigilant Core Values
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Accountable/Takes Pride In Work (Reliable/Get “R” Done)
- Understands the value of reputation
- Interested in continuous improvement
- Passionate/Can-do attitude
- Does the right thing – (Help First, Goes the extra mile)
Functional Requirements and Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring blocked order queues and the disposition of the transactions thereof in a timely manner.
- Work to assign industry designations and license determinations to each blocked order in various systems, per the client’s approved policies and processes.
- Responsible for working with the Deal Risk Organization to review contracts and provide data as defined by the DRO manager.
- Responsible for working with the Internal Latin American regional counterparts and management of monthly forecasts to assist in providing information back to the US Global Trade Compliance team.
- Responsible for the timely escalation of any internal and/or client issues that you are unable to resolve.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Responsible for properly “closing out” your shift and clearly communicating the handoff of incomplete items or issues.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any account access problems.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any account technical issue(s) (i.e. enterprise software, proprietary screening software).
- Attend (on time) and prepare (when necessary) for client and Vigilant meetings.
- Responsible to accept calls and other communications while working on a shift.
- Responsible to report fluctuations in order volumes.
- Responsible for organizing and prioritizing work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Responsible to continually learn in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
- Must adhere to Vigilant Employee Handbook and Vigilant Company policies and procedures.
- Execution of any additional requirements per client’s processes and policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Professional Experience: Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in a Corporate Business environment.
- Must be business fluent in Spanish, both in writing and speaking.
- Attention to detail is an absolute must.
- Ability to work effectively with teams of staff from Vigilant, partners, and clients.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to perform the day-to-day account activities independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clients, coworkers and senior leadership.
- Attention to detail skills required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, (In particular MS Excel)
- Excellent research skills (Internet Navigation)
- Additional fluency in Portuguese is highly desired