Global Trade Compliance Analyst
Job Title: Global Trade Compliance Analyst
Primary Location: Personal Residence - REMOTE
Reports To: Account Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
This position works closely with the Account Manager and account team as an extension of our client’s trade compliance organization. The day-to-day tactical activities and tasks for this role are defined by the client requirements. The successful candidate will have responsibility for following the client’s procedures, and ensuring that import and export tasks, including completion of all ECCN and HTS classifications, are completed timely and accurately. This position requires the individual to be self-motivated, have strong attention to detail skills and the ability to demonstrate a passionate can-do attitude. Working from a home residence requires the individual to hold themselves accountable and work efficiently with limited supervision.
Functional Requirements and Specific Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Responsible for classifying items with a very high level of accuracy for both Import and Export using the following:
- The Harmonized Tariff Schedule or the United States according to General Rules of Interpretation (GRI’s)
- Binding rulings (CROSS)
- Explanatory Notes
- EAR and CCL
- Processing of daily export and import operational transactions, per the client’s policies and procedures.
- Work with the client and the client’s suppliers to obtain product data, documents and material information to ensure the proper classification or the items.
- Performing import and export audits per the client requirements.
- Responsible for following all documented processes identified by the client or provide insight with ways for improvement.
- Professional Experience: Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience working in Import and Export Compliance.
- Customs Brokers License is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with both the USHTS and US ECCN classifications.
- Proficient working within the EAR, U.S. Customs regulations and Federal Trade Regulations.
- Other Trade Compliance Industry certifications for both import and export are preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving skills.
- Must organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to manage workload and meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team.
- Proficient with complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and PC Skills.
- Ability to work effectively with teams of staff from Vigilant, partners, and clients.
- Strong customer relationship skills.