Job Title: Classification Account Manager
Primary Location: Personal Residency
Reports To: Director of Global Trade Services & VP of Client Success
Employment Type: Hourly/Salary, Bonus
This is a working account manager role where the account manager is required to work along side the rest of the team. This is not solely a management role. The Account Manager will work closely with the Director of Global Trade Services & VP of Client Success to deliver client related solutions and services specified within the scope of the client’s SOW. Serve as an extension of our client’s team or organization and ensure compliance per our client’s established policies, procedures and risk tolerance, while adhering to Vigilant’s core values. Ensure the team’s highest level of quality while maximizing bottom line profit.
Vigilant Core Values
Primary Job Responsibilities (Account specific duties my vary slightly)
- Accountable/Takes Pride in Work (Reliable/Get “R” Done)
- Understands the value of reputation
- Interested in continuous improvement
- Passionate/Can-do attitude
- Does the right thing – (Help First, Goes the extra mile)
Other Representative Job Duties may include:
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for all communications and account activities.
- Classification of client products with their respective Worldwide ECCN & HTS/HS classifications as defined by the SOW.
- Research and identify possible PGA and FTA requirements for the client products.
- Responsible for the daily management and delivery of all solutions and services specified within the scope of a Managed Services Program and adherence to service level agreements (SLAs).
- Responsible for communicating the request to perform any support request outside the scope of a Managed Services Program or Project to the Director of Global Trade Services &/or VP of Client Success.
- Ensure tracking of all relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide weekly and monthly operational updates as specified by Director of Global Trade Services & VP of Client Success.
- Responsible for coordinating, preparing and delivering Quarterly Business Reviews as specified by Director of Global Trade Services & VP of Client Success.
- Perform and Ensure the Highest level of Quality in the delivery of services to the client through Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly audits of the team’s work.
- Other Duties as assigned or required by the client specific SOW.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Manage overall change control processes, perform audits and quality assurance as specified by VP of Client Success to ensure client and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure work product is at the highest level of accuracy and timeliness
- Proactively follow-up with clients to monitor effectiveness of team performance.
- Participate in Scheduling, recruiting, mentoring, training, hiring and firing of team members.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of daily hours for all team members.
- Responsible for learning and leveraging technology in the delivery of all solutions and services specified within the scope of the Project/Program.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to client and Vigilant emails in a timely manner.
- Responsible for answering and responding to client and Vigilant cell phone calls in a timely manner.
- Ensure the optimal and efficient allocation of resources to maximize profitability while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Develop and implement personal and team Back-Up/Disaster Recovery plans.
- Oversee cross training of team to increase compliance skills.
- Responsible for assisting on other client projects (bandwidth permitting) and providing back-up for other client accounts.
- Review/Audit import and export transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with the various regulations.
- Responsible for executing Export and Import controls as directed by the Client’s Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Identify on a timely basis all account challenges, while providing strategies and approaches to overcome these barriers/challenges.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of projects, within budget.
- Proactively analyze client/account data to identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Identify opportunities to offer additional solutions to client based on need or value.
- Identify opportunities to offer new services, solutions or technology to Vigilant clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business or related field.
- Professional Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience in a corporate trade compliance, customs broker or compliance consulting environment.
- Advanced knowledge of import and export trade compliance processes, policies and controls.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to perform the day-to-day account activities independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with Legal, Sales, Operations, Logistics, Engineering, Finance and IT executives to achieve clients’ business and compliance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clients, coworkers and leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as conflict/issue resolution, strong client interfacing skills.
- Demonstrated Professional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Customs Brokers License preferred, professional certificates, licenses, and training experience a plus.