Work closely with the Account Manager in a team-oriented environment as an extension of our client’s global trade compliance organization to ensure the legal compliance of various global trade activities per our client’s established policies and procedures.
Vigilant Core Values:
- Accountable/Takes Pride In Work (Reliable/Get “R” Done)
- Understands the value of reputation
- Interested in continuous improvement
- Passionate/Can-do attitude
- Does the right thing – (Help First, Goes the extra mile)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and classify with accurate U.S. HTS classifications on client’s parts
- Identify and classify with accurate U.S. ECCN classifications for the client’s parts
- Responsible for complex AD/CVD reviews, utilizing trade compliance software and existing prior experience to make accurate determinations of scope inclusion and duty ramification
- Processing of daily export and import operational transactions, per the client’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for monitoring queues and disposition thereof in a timely manner ensuring that all items are worked through to completion or escalated as necessary
- Ensure work product is at the highest level of accuracy and timeliness
Other Representative Job Duties may include:
- Due diligence checks and auditing, both internal and external
- Monitor client’s customs broker regarding import clearance issues, post entry corrections, process adherence, etc.
- Fulfilling PGA requirements (USDA, FDA, EPA) during import clearance, classification and auditing.
- Responsible for executing Export and Import controls as directed by the Client’s Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Responsible for immediately reporting any account technical issue(s) (i.e. enterprise software, proprietary screening software).
- Section 232/301 Exclusions
- Responsible for monitoring client and Vigilant emails.
- Timely escalation of any client issues that you are unable to resolve.
- Execution of any additional requirements per client’s processes and policies.
- Must continue to study relevant federal regulations and to continue learning in a rapidly changing regulatory environment. (e.g. Section 232, Section 301, etc.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business or related field.
- Professional Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in a global trade compliance environment, preferably in an Industrial Machinery/Electronics environment.
- Licensed Customs Broker Preferred
- Experience with making Antidumping/Countervailing determinations is a major plus
- Proficient in U.S. ECCN and U.S. HTS Classification
- Proficient with import and export trade compliance processes, policies, and controls
- Knowledge and experience working with FDA, USDA, EPA-TSCA import procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of global trade automation solutions (Oracle GTM, Amber Road, Etc…)
- Attention to detail skills required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to perform the day-to-day account activities independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clients, coworkers and senior leadership.
- Ability to work effectively with teams of staff from Vigilant, partners, and clients.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, IT, Import and Export personnel, Operations and Legal executives to achieve business objectives.
- Experience with Free Trade Agreement analysis a plus
- Some experience with Fish & Wildlife import requirements a plus
- Some experience with classifying chemicals a plus
- Professional Certificates, Licenses, and Training a plus.